Sunday, November 27, 2011

5 things i am thankful for from this week

...5 very broad things, but things nonetheless.  As I sit here and type this, teary eyed and all, I cant help but reflect upon this blessed week  that I am so thankful to have had.  Talking at the Henry’s house until 3 in this morning in hysterics made me realize just how lucky I am.  Okay where do I begin on this whole thankful post? well, thanksgiving week=the very best week yet the very worse tease of a week.  oh what i would do to go back in time where this week was my everyday life.. but i cannot think like that because reality is, life will never be the same and i have to accept that and continue this ever so insane life of mine. this week has been flawless.  home is the happiest place on earth because home plays a large role in these 5 things. 


family: I am blown away by the love that constantly is present in the miyahara house.  this kind of love is unique, the feeling I have in my home is undesirable-honestly, my own little heaven on earth.  my mother is the most caring thoughtful beautiful lady on this planet and my father is the most hilarious intelligent spiritual man on this plant, so pretty such I won the jackpot with these parents! brittany, blake and sammy are my best friends and I admire them individually so much.  sammy and I went paddle boarding and he hated every second of it while I loved every second of it but he did it and that is all that matters.  i love my family and knowing that this family is eternal is the most comforting thing in my life. 

friends: when i think of my friends i want to cry because why did God in his right mind bless me with the most incredible friends a human could ever have? my group of friends here at home is unlike any other.  the love i have for all of them is unparalleled. we were talking tonight how all of our "biffles" are going to be best friends for the remainder of our lives, that we will be at all of our weddings, 40th birthday parties, children's soccer games, family dinners, and so on. okay so... olivia, you are too much.  i pee my pants, collapse on the floor and am so happy because of you. you are the definition of a best friend. mackie, b ben, weeens, gundy and mikaykay, you girls are the most wonderful, selfless, kind, loving, beautiful, talented, smart, inspiring girls i know.  all of our long conversations leave me feeling so lucky. carter, trevor, connor, chase, pierce, dins and the rest of the guys there are no guys i have met at byu anything like you guys. you boys are hysterical, so freaking smart, idiotic, impulsive, weird, and so caring. not to mention, i feel as close to your parents as i do to you guys. kathy, joni, shari, heather and karah shout out to my favorite hot mamas of orange county.  what lucky kids we are to have you as our mothers.  yes, i see all of you as mothers to me and i cant thank you enough for the love you have offered me. b fulls and maddy dapper, my idahoan lovers, you two are my eternal best friends.  i cherish our friendship more than you will ever know. to everyone else that i am so lucky to call my friends, thank you.  thank you for your constant love and friendship.  thank you for your jokes and funny antics and how you never fail to crack me up.  thank you for your love and support and genuine care for me.  thank you for being so respectful to me, my family and my house.  thank you for inspiring me to be a better person.  thank you for shaping the person i have become because of YOUR great examples to me. long live the "biffles" group!

food: wow have i eaten well this break or what?!  i am thankful for my mother and her wonderful culinary skills. honestly, southern california has pretty darn great food.  my stomach has been full from award winning mexican food, bowl of heaven acai bowls, wood ranch, banzi bowls, predros, etc.  i am thankful for thanksgiving dinner at the allen's.  we had such a fab night with a few fun families.  i am also thankful for the post thanksgivng potluck held at the miyahara house.  how thankful i am to have filled with my house friends galore, all who love each other so much, and eating yummy food!! i've ate all week long.  maybe i have gained a few pounds...whatever...so worth every bite. nom nom nom i <3 food.

fun: i have had the most fun week.  whether it be swimming in the laguna with my wonderful college friends whom i love so dearly or just sitting on the couch and talking for hours, i had non stop fun.  i try to carry fun around me where ever i go, because with the lack there of is lameoo.  im thankful for friends who bring along fun in every aspect of our doings. from shopping to eating to surfing to dancing to napping to going to disneyland to making pumpkin waffles to seeing a noah and the whale concert at house of blues to partying at dins house to dying in corky's,  everything i did while i was home, i had a complete blast!! there is NEVER a dull moment and that is exactly how i love to live my life. 

being a mormon: the life i live at byu has zero ties with my life at home.  not at all saying that i dont live my life according to my standards i have at school at home!! its just so different. being the only LDS girl in my group of best friends is never something that has made me uncomfortable. i am around drinking and smoking and profanity and all other things that the church doesnt exactly encourage but when i come home and i am around this, it does not make me love my friends any less.  it just makes me love being a mormon so much more.  i love byu.  it is the most incredible campus.  the students glow.  my friends are beyond words amazing. my professors blow my mind.  and you know why? because we are all members of a church that brings us the upmost happiness.  i am obsessed with the teaching of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.  i believe in all the beliefs of the mormon church with ever fiber in my body.  i am SO thankful to have been blessed to be born into a mormon family and being raised in the church.  for i would be nothing with out it.  the peace, happiness and contentment i feel constantly is 100% because i belong to the most correct church on this planet.  i am so solid in my beliefs and i am so thankful for my Heavenly Father who knows me by name and who is directing my life in such a way where i can return to Thee and live eternally with my family. 

to wrap this all up.  i am thankful for many more things.  a lot of which is back in p. town and it all deserves a whole post about my love for my friends and life in provo but for now, i am so excited to return back to my life in utah and be with my glorious friends up there again.  i am forever grateful for every aspect in my life for all credit goes to Him. all glory and praise to Him!!
**sadly, my camera died and i had minimal photos of my week.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment