Sunday, December 25, 2011

a CHRISTmas kind of post

yes, yes, i suffer from an excessive sentimental disease, but hey ill look back and appreciate it one day...right? anyways, this entire break...i've really been touched by the Lords hand in my life
mama vivs has repeatedly said all break, "remember the reason for the season." 

I love my family and my home.
its a place of peace, an oasis, energy bounces off it's walls, and its a haven where the Spirit dwells.
...and i give all credit for this feeling i get at home to the people who live in this home. 
dad, mom, britt, blake, and sammy, i am so fortunate to call you my family

being home this break has had its highs and lows.
to be fully honest, it was quite an adjustment from the heaven i live in, BYU's campus. 
the 80 degree weather, my family and best friends, the beach, my bed, my fridge, etc... i've missed
(sorry for the honesty)..but when my friends are in an intoxicated, blazed state...that, i have not missed.
however, my love for them is unconditional and i would never think any less of them.
its just different, and sometimes it makes me sad that it is different.
but, we all go through stages, 'ups and downs' and the reality is, everyone isn't on the same roller coaster
when we are on our 'downs' we can be lifted up by those and look to those on their 'ups'
and when we are on our 'ups' we need to support others in their 'downs'
for that is what Christ would do. 
He lifts us up, gives us hope & comfort in our 'downs' 
and we must rejoice in Him and & give thanks to Him during our 'ups.' 
my testimony of His great power has been strengthened this week. 

everything happens for a reason, He has a plan for each and everyone of us. 
He knows us, by name. He loves us. He is forgiving. He grieves over our pains and affliction. He is aware of our fears and our dreams. He is omnipotent. He is our Savior. He is the king of the world.
He is the 'reason for the season' 

i am so thankful for Him. 
today, we celebrate the birth of Christ.
because this baby was born, the world is saved. 
He paved a way for us, by the power of His great atoning sacrifice, to dwell with Him again, one day. 
He is my greatest example, my best friend, and my happiness.  
so today, and everyday, i praise Him. 

Merry Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment