Sunday, March 11, 2012

my best friend is ENGAGED!!!!

what a whirlwind these past few days have been!
"holy monkeys is all this really happening?" keeps popping up in my brain
last night, saturday the 10th of march, i watched as my best friend was proposed to!

all week, i avoided brooke
something entirely unusual for us...we have been as one for all i can remember of my college life!
but i wasnt going to ruin this surprise, the surprise that she will tell and retell for the rest of her life!
i awkwardly left the room, changed conversation topics, and faked watching a show to avoid any potential dropping of hints! and i did it! i kept a secret from her, something i thought was impossible!
and her face on saturday night proved she was entirely clueless! 

and sure, ill give myself some credit, i did set this cute couple up. 

brooke inspires me everyday. i cant imagine what college would be like with the absence of our friendship. she is everything you want in a roommate/friend and i couldnt be more grateful to have been blessed with her to conquer my freshmen year of college with. 
and for jeff, is such a great guy!  he is so good to my brookie cooks. he put me in my silent hysteric laugh, he is so thoughtful to brooke, and i know he will love her and take care of her for eternity.
throughout this whole sabam, ive been completely at ease with the quickness of this relationship.
why? because they are meant for each other. and i know that with complete surety. 

after robert sang this brad paisley song and i was watching the proposal right in front of me, i lost it. 
there was no stopping these tears!
a tsunami of emotions crashed over me and i was goners!
the things jeff said about brooke, killed me.  the look on her face, killed me.  the way she kissed him, killed me. the way he looked into her pretty eyes saying "i love you" and "will you marry me" on one knee with the most gorgeous ring in his hands, killed me.  
let me repeat, i was goners.  
but luckily i was able to put that aside and take some presh pics









there couldnt be a more stunningly beautiful duo on this planet.







there are more pictures/videos but i dont want to spoil the cuteness of the pictures of her perfect night!
so these are just a little sneak preview of the cuteness to come 
after they had time to themselves, brooke and i laughed and cried and hugged (she actually hugged me!!) and spun and squawked about how 3 months ago we were avid hulu watchers every night, how we were "too obsessed with each other to ever find a guy" (...an actual quote from josh regarding our love lives) and how quickly life happens.

later that night when all the commencing ended, brooke came back to the dorm and we chatted for too long, maybe we talked for longer than we slept but, oh well. it was so worth it.  
there really isnt anyway i could be more thrilled for these two love birds! 
their happiness makes everyone around them happier!
their love makes everyone around them more optimistic!
their future is going to be crazy awesome and i can not until they have some #indianbabies!!!
a ginormous congratulation to brookie and jeffers!

love you so much b.

No comments:

Post a Comment