Monday, April 16, 2012

winter semester wrap up!

the conclusion of my time as a helaman halls resident was rather bitter sweet.  the title of a 'helaman halls resident' has been mine since june!...june! the cannon center has been my food source for almost 10 months (have you seen me? cause that statement would then make a lot of sense)!! but as i say good bye to the empty toilet paper stalls, 1121 mailbox, smart waters upon smart waters, the hill to walk up to campus, a full parking lot, stalked vending machines, and a perfect room mate, i look back at the past 10 months of my life and couldn't feel happier! ive been totally blessed with the best of friends, the coolest major, the funnest dorm room! i cant complain about the utah winter i experienced this year,  i cant complain about anything! my freshmen year at byu will forever be in my brain as one of the best years of my life!

if i could offer any advice to future cougars i would advise them to: go summer semester, take easy classes, prepare for little to no sleep, take every opportunity to do something fun, go to all the dances, go on all the dates you are asked on (because they dont happen as often as assumed), go tunnel singing with your friends every sunday night, get to know your bishop, call your mom all the time, make friends with everyone, even those you typically wouldn't see as compatible (two of my best friends are bleached blonde,  designer loving, girly girls and i couldnt imagine life with out them!) dont get stressed about classes, sometimes sleeping through them is just a better option, go on sunday midnight food runs, use the gym in the locker room-there's wifi to watch hulu while you work out(!!!), play the stupid silly kissing games byu loves, and just be happy-stay happy cause there is no better university!


i spent my last week as a freshmen at byu...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great year Ave!! I hope you have just as fun of a summer;)

    ReplyDelete