Monday, August 6, 2012

wedding wonderland!

spark note version of the week... (mind you my family is at Lake Powell)...
Tuesday-i flew from Fiji to LAX and arrived in the afternoon, olivia and madeline picked me up (bless them!), an hour later lily and rach arrived at my house and we settled in.
Wednesday- 10 other girls arrive at my house, move into my family's vacant bedrooms and prepare for the bachelorette party (rach &lily planned the kinkiest but classy party!). more people come over and we played games, ate, swam and died of laughter all night long.
Thursday- last minute shopping and preparation for the wedding, bake 180 cupcakes (thanks to morgies!), and made it to a BBQ ("rehearsal dinner") at the Stapleton's! I think i rode down their massive slide one to many times with B's little sister kenzie...i have scabs on my hip bones! whoops! it was so much fun!
Friday-WEDDING DAY! early rise to prepare for the day, get all fancy, go to the temple, cry, take pictures, cry, decorate their hotel room they would be staying at the night, cry, head to reception and eat, cry a little more, give my maid of honor speech thingy, cry, dance like cray cray and eat my weight in funnel cakes, say goodbye to my soon to be deflowered best friends, head home to have another massive sorority house like sleepover at my house.

I've had quite the week to say the least! adjusting back to life not on an uninhabited island would be one thing but hosting 13 girls at my house, having all the duties as brooke's right hand woman and doing it all with out the help from my mama was a rather intimidating task to come home to.  but it was perfect. everything was perfect! This week was about my sweet Brooke.

Brooke looked like an angel from the heavens on her wedding day.  Seeing hers and Jeffers glowing smiles made as all emotional.  They were honestly just flawless and flawlessly meant for each other.  The entire week was so stress free and Brooke had to be the most calm relax bride there ever was! My slight anxiety I felt on the plane ride home for the week to come was silly! I had nothing to worry about! I was dealing with Brooke (Stapleton) for heavens sake...the most easy going girl ever.

Friday was a beautiful day! The sun was out and the skies were clear and the heavens were cheering for the sealing of Brooke and Jeff! In our church, we believe that if you are worthy, you can enter into the temple and be sealed to your spouse for time and all eternity.  none of "till death do us part crap." We believe in forever families...and those are created by the power of sealing ordinances that Brooke and Jeff made inside the temple.  There was so much happiness being felt on Friday!...Whether it was seeing their faces when they came out of the temple, taking goofy pictures or watching Brooke dance with Jeff and her father, we all felt it.

To my dearest friends, Brooke & Jeff Stapleton, i am in awe by you two.  The way you see each other-your strengths & weakness, funny quirks and the respect you have for each other is undesirable.  We all can see the selfless care and concern you have for each other and its inspiring! I look up to you two more than you'll ever know and look forward to the day that your kids will know me by "aunty avery." I cant wait to continue watching your love grow! Thanks for a perfect week and a perfect friendship!

SHOUT OUT:
to the girls that stayed at my house, i had such a blast with you! the house just isnt the same without all your energy! thank you so so much for those who helped me clean as well!
to kim mosman for being (hot) super mom and showing me a perfect example of motherhood
to the mosmans and stapletons for putting on a stellar wedding experience
to rach and lily for doing the bach party and being such wonderful friends 
to the hired dancers at the reception for that comedic relief my emotions needed!

cheers to the freaking weekend & mr. and mrs. jeff stapleton!















1 comment:

  1. How beautiful venue! The interior decoration is looking absolutely outstanding. I have never been there but I would I any chance I would love to be there. Well, now I am looking for some of the best NYC wedding venues. Do you know any best ones out there?

    ReplyDelete