Friday, August 17, 2012

a little lake lovin

i grew up on the lake
lake powell, lake mead, lake mohave, you name it!
our family is a boating family
our houseboat, wake boarding boat & wave runners
has been a summer highlight my entire life.

however, sadly this hasnt been the case for the last two years
ive missed out on multiple lake trips for multiple reasons:
summer semester at BYU, europe trip & study abroad.
ive been missing out and its sorta really stunk but
i finally got my day at the lake!!

madeline, erika, michael, me and my family headed to silverwood lake,
it was a perfect day
perfect weather
perfect company
& perfect snacks (thanks mama!)


we started out wake boarding and i was assuming i was going to struggle...
due to my two year lake leave.
i was a little rough on the edges but i was able to get a feel for it again
i was so happy! i loved it, so so much.
erika & mad got up their first time!
they did awesome!
then michael was totally a natural!
it was so funny watching everyone board!





we took a break and lounged on the beach
talking politics and eating our weight in snacks
the sun was shinning and our skin was taking the effects

tubing time!!
erika was hysterically afraid,
and we were all being so entertained by her.
she made our tubing experience.
we went crazy! papa goes nutso and we were all laughing so hard
i cant even begin to explain the severity of my soreness!

we ate cute sandwiches on the beach
and some of my jichan's (my grandpa's) home grown fruit!
we enjoyed each others company and basked in the beaming sun!

i had the most wonderful day at the lake!
i love my family so much and i had the
best time with my friends too!
i was so happy to finally get out on the lake again,
i was back where my roots are and loved every second of it!
thanks fam for being the coolest family ever
i love you
 











No comments:

Post a Comment