Monday, September 24, 2012

color run!


I got a text from Brittany three days before the run telling me to sign up.  It was so unlike my sweet sister to ask me to run a race with her and I was ever so eager to register.  Only being a 5K, I wasn’t stressed over my endurance and knew this would be strictly for fun and strictly for fun it was! We dressed in head to toe white, ready to be colorfied (?)!! 

            At each “K” we were obliterated by a different color so by the finish line you are completely covered in 5 vibrant colors.  I learned at the first K, that it isn’t the smartest idea to stand in front of the color throwers with your arms up and mouth open.  My mouth/throat/nose was coated in bright blue chalk. Needless to say, my spit for the rest of the day was a deep blue.  

            We laughed and ran and laughed and walked and laughed some more.  Megan Allen, our hilarious friend from home ran it with us so there was never a dull moment.  Brittany ran so good! I was so proud! It was so fun doing it with her and I am so glad she had the idea! My hair didn’t run clear water for a good week but you know what? Im completely okay with that! Because it was so worth it to run such a fun race with my sister by my side! 





No comments:

Post a Comment