Friday, January 20, 2012

a very narrowed down "to-do" for my life.

  1. Back pack through Europe with my best friends ( WE FLY TO EUROPE IN EXACTLY 101 DAYS CARRYING NOTHING BUT A BACK PACK!!! WAHOOO IM FREAKING OUT)
  2. Study abroad 
  3. Be an EFY counselor
  4. Graduate from BYU with a major in Rec. Management-emphasis on adolescent development and a double minor in school of family life and non profit managment
  5. Get my massage therapy license
  6. Live in Hawaii
  7. Be a certified Zumba instructor (its a stretch but i've always pictured myself leading some silly aerobics class and yelling encouraging words to sweaty people)
  8. Dance on every continent (3 down, 4 more to go) (i'll cross australia off the list this summer!)
  9. Get sealed to my eternal companion in the Newport Beach temple (...at the rate it's going now, expect this to be crossed off at a very, very distant time. self pitty sentence? just possibly)
  10. Live in a foreign country with my husband
  11. Have a pack of wild children; who will love the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the outdoors, dancing, face paint, and ice cream cones.  (and if they dont love these things, i will not love them) <--- obvious lie. 
  12. Run a marathon, a triathlon, a ragnar and bike a century (preferably with my husband)
  13. Start a non-profit organization that allows me to travel the world and serve others
  14. Be PTA president (pathetic, i know but ya its gonna happen)
  15. Have a red front door, a trampoline, a fruit and veggie garden and a tree house 
*the list in my journal has about five hundred millions life goals/things i want to do with this life of mine but this is the list, the list as of january 20th 2012 (however this is identical to a list i made when i was 12 years old). but anyways...i think i want to print it out, maybe frame it, so i can be reminded everyday how gloriously wonderful the future will be.  call me crazy, i am crazy but i'm gonna do it all.  my primary teacher told me once that "your future is only as awesome as your goals."sure, i was 10 years old and my goals may or may not have been: do back flips in space, pull an all nighter, meet the backstreet boys and so on...but i decided that my motto is..."blessed is this life, and im going to celebrate being alive" (thanks...) -brett dennen (...you're the man)

2 comments:

  1. Ha I want to be a Zumba instructor too! Check out like 2 blog posts ago of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I'll I can say is that I can so see you doing all of those things. I can't wait to find out if you ever go dancing in Antarctica, bike 100 miles, and even have a tree house. I wish I had these kind of goals.

    ReplyDelete