Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A day of play!


Today was perfect in every aspect of everything that occurred today...perfection!

1. French toast, bacon, eggs, kiwi and bananas for brekky! Drooling. Now. We've had toast with PB/nutella for breakfast and PB&J or nutella sandwiches for days! So thank the heavens for a hearty breakfast! I think I had 6 pieces of bacon. Whoops. Don't care!

2. Bungee jumping!! We all took the great leap of fear and loved every second of it! Kendall and I decided to go tandem this time around and I'm SO glad we did! It was so fun being able to hold on to each other and scream in each others faces while we plummet down and shoot back up! It was a hoot watching the rest of the group jump. I love our group! We all cheered for each other and showed such excitement for every person. We all were on cloud nine! However, this jump hurt my head a lot more than Switzerland surprisingly. Kenny and I thought our face was going to explode! But I won't touch of the negative parts of the experience. We got a crazy good deal on the jump and the video! 75 for the jump and 10 for the video! Switzerland was 200 for the jump and 35 for the pictures! So my saving account was happy...momentarily, before i spent more money on fun activities!

3. Zorbing! Once we all were a little too high on life after the bungee, we headed to our next activity...zorbing. Some may know what this is, but if you don't, you fly around in a little ball inside a huge ball that rolls down a huge grassy course. I chose not to participate cause it was a little too spendy but it was hysterical watching the others. Such a fun concept!

4. Luge! Everyone I talked to about activities to do in Rotorua would have a minor freak out attack at the topic of this! We bought a 50 dollar deal that included the gondola ride up the mountain and 5 rides on the luge tracks. We all were picturing some sort of an alpine slide in park city but boy were we fooled! This was so legit! There was a scenic, intermediate and advanced course. We say in carts and was just sent down the mountain. We were living a game in super mario cart. It the best way I could describe my experience. Flying down hills, skidding through turns, spinning out, passing the slow pokes, we all were screaming and laughing the entire way down. It was a paved course that was fairly wide, wide enough to be able to pass people and use shifty technique to go as fast as possible! We had 5 rides down and all 5 rides were the best rides ever! Send 20 college kids down a mountain on a freaking fast cart and things are bound to get crazy! Luckily no one was injured but we had some risky falls. We had a cheapo helmet on but that didn't do much. It was insane! I screamed down the entire time! There was multiple places where you literally got some solid air! It was nuts! I was think about my family a lot and how much fun they would all have here! Goodness I miss them if I think about them too much.

5. Hot springs with the YSA people again! They're awesome in every way and I've grown to admire the girls so much!

What a happy day today was! A perfect Avery day!

No comments:

Post a Comment