Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Second day in syd!

I started my morning in the best kind of way! A lovely run through the city, into central park was awesome! It was earlier enough that the streets weren't pack so we were able to run together while chatting away! I ran with Katie, Alyssa and Annalise. They're are the best! I admire them so much. Our ran was at a surprisingly fast pace cause we were just so excited! When we reached the park we had a little workout, thanks to Alyssa and her fitness training skills! She is a group fitness trainer! Ah she is the greatest! We were sweating like pigs, and loved it!

We stopped by the grocery store to pick up brekky on the way back from our run and bought apples, bananas, yogurt and a bag of huge carrots. We were tempted by the entire chocolate section 1/2 off but didn't give in! Go us! We showered and quickly got ready for the day ahead of us...a beach day!!

Bondi beach was where we began! The first place I saw was the cutest fruit shop and i had the most delicious mango of my life! Next, we indulged in the best fish and chips I've ever had! The fish was fresh and we watched the Asian man dip it into the batter crap and into the fryer! So fresh, right? Then to the beach we went! On our way, creepy Indian men started taking a zillion photos of us then asked to jump it. It was so strange so I had to document the weirdness. Unfortunately it was overcast so the water wasn't an option in the group. So we just played in the sand and watched the surfers in winter suits. I was dying to get out there and surf but there was no way to, ugh I was so bummed! We saw something down the beach that looked like a skate competition, so Katie and I checked it out. Turns out its an ice skating rink on the sand and a "winter festival" is going on! It was such a hoot! A full on ice skating rink with hot chocolate and doughnut stands surrounding it. If the price of admission wasn't 30 bucks to skate we would have considered it but instead we just laughed at what a site it was. These lucky butts have the most mild winter ever! We played at the beach and window shopped oh! And then we found magnum chocolate temptations! A true treasure to be found! We bought out the convince store and loved ever teeny bit! Oh and I forgot to mention that we had two ice cream cones before that. All McDonald's not only offer free wifi but they have 30 cent comes!!! Not kidding, 30 cents. So every time we need wifi or even walk by one for that matter, we just gotta buy a cone! Only 30 cents! Unbelievable I know!

Our group split and while the others went into town to shop, we made our way to Manly beach! This is another famous surfers beach so I knew I was gonna love it just as much as I loved Bondi! We hit the cute beachy shops first. Katie and I tried on a million swim suits and I had a mental battle in my head whether or not to buy one. Australia has the best swimwear...we buy almost all our swimwear at called to surf from Australia brands! The store had a major 50% end of summer sale and that's what made it tempting but a 75 dollar cute one piece isn't in my travel budget. We spent sunset on the sand and it was just stunning! There were surfers in the water and I was just happy as happy gets! On the way out we stopped by the Ripcurl store and the cutest surfer boy was working! We came back and he started making conversation with Kendall and I. We had to snap a shot of the cute aussie surfer boy! The picture below doesnt capture him well at all though!

On the ferry ride back to the harbor, the sun was down and the city & bridge was glowing so beautifully! We stopped at a pumpin hole in the wall tai food place. It was so darn good! I went to bed with a full belly, exhausted legs and a lingering grin on my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment